Camp Across America Campaign (November to December) Campaign Video
We are very excited and grateful to all of our donors who donated to the Camp Across America Campaign this year. We raised a total of We raised a total of $7,505. We had a total of 46 donors. The fundraiser was also shared 26 times on Facebook. Thank you for your support and generosity. This money will help us to bring 3 music teachers from Laos to teach at out 10 summer camps across the US in the summer of 2023.
18th Annual LHF Gala: Traditional Verses Fusion Lao Food to Benefit the Attapu Project of 2024 (October 1, 2023)
LHF is excited to launch a Lao Art and Culture Program in Attapu, Laos in the summer of 2024. In order to do so, we are dedicated our annual gala to raise funds for the this project. With the fundraiser and the sponsorship, we were able to raise a total of $31,740!! This money is enough to sustain the project for 4 years. LHF will donate a set of instruments to the Children Cultural Center of Attapu. We are grateful to all of our sponsors and donor who is making this project possible. We especially want to thank Sarky Mekmorakoth, We Stand With Attapeu musicians, and LCSC of Seattle for a $15,000 sponsorship to the Attapeu Project! Thank you for our guest speaker, Channapha Khamvongsa from the Lao Food Foundation who prepared exciting activities and taught us about Lao food. Thank you to all of the volunteers, parents, and donors who help make this such a successful event. Thank you!!
The Instrument Package [Choice of Sponsorship]
- Khaen ($150)-1 Sponsored by Sirianosac Thepsoumane, 2 Sponsored by Soumaly & Michael King, 2 Sponsored by Touk Sinantha, 1 Sponsored by Youykham Chanthavilay, 1 Sponsored by Mekong River Textiles, Susan McCauley, 1 Sponsored by Douang Thamvanthongkham, 1 Sponsored by Steve and Touti Arounsack, 1 Sponsored by Amily Sanavongsay, 1 Sponsored by Amily Sanavongsay
- Kim ($350) 1 sponsored by Sirianosac Thepsoumane, 1 Sponsored by Nikki and Christopher Geyer, Souphala Chomsisengphet
- Drums ($350) 1 Sponsored by Law Offices of Nantha & Associates, Thip Khao
- Mallets (10) $200 Fully funded by Wanida and Tri Tchen
- Xing/Xap (6) $200– Fully funded by Legacies of War
- Flutes ($10X10) $200- Fully Sponsored by Touk Sinantha
- Saw ($100)– 1 Sponsored by Sirianosac Thepsoumane, 2 Sponsored by Soumaly & Michael King, 1 Sponsored by Santisouk “Sandy” Chanthavilay, 1 Sponsored by AEG, 1 Sponsored by Steve and Touti Arounsack, 4 Sponsored by Thip Khao
- Lanad Ake ($450) 2- Fully funded by Thip Khao
- Lanad Toom $400– Fully sponsored by Damdy Richards
- Kong Wong $900-Fully sponsored by Julia Brennan & Phil Kline
The Teachers Package [Choice of Sponsorship]
- Teachers Stipend ($300)– 1 Sponsored by Mary Louise Marino and John Chapin, 1-Sponsored by Fancy Sinantha, Sarky Mekmorakoth, We Stand With Attapeu musicians, and LCSC of Seattle
- Travel Cost ($150)– 1 Sponsored by Fancy Sinantha, Sarky Mekmorakoth, We Stand With Attapeu musicians, and LCSC of Seattle
- Food $900-Sarky Mekmorakoth, We Stand With Attapeu musicians, and LCSC of Seattle
- Lodging ($300)- 1 Sponsored by Legacies of War, Sarky Mekmorakoth, We Stand With Attapeu musicians, and LCSC of Seattle
The Supplies Package [$500]– Fully Sponsored by Law Offices of Nantha & Associates
Dragon Boat Race (September 11, 2022)
LHF students performed at the Dragon Boat Race while the LHF moms competed in the women’s race and won 1st place. What a great fun day for all. Way to go LHF moms!!!
LHF Summer Camps 2022
LHF resumed in person summer camps in select locations this year. We had summer camps in Virginia, Forth Worth/Dallas, Texas, Philadelphia, PA, and launched a pilot program in Merced, CA and a mini camp in Fresno, CA.
LHF’s 2nd Annual Screening of Lao Short Films by LanXang Shorts (June 11, 2022) LanXang Short Film Screening Q and A
The Lao Heritage Foundation (LHF) was thrilled to partner with LanXang Shorts, a new initiative founded by Lao filmmaker, Xaisongkham Induangchanthy. We hosted the 2nd annual virtual short film festival. The film screening featured the works of seven aspiring Lao filmmakers from the competition and festival that premiered in Vientiane, Laos last December. All filmed are subtitled in English.
‘Behind the Scenes’ by Patsaya Ehkanha
‘A Friend’s Request’ by Wravong Phrachanh
‘Circle’ by Dolar Mongkhounkham
‘Only Happiness Can Say’ by Apple Sukan
‘Loser Boy’ by Thanva Kounlavong
‘Salang’ by Phisitxay Sengvongsack
‘In a Parallel World_Upgraded’ by Xaisongkham Induangchanthy
This event was free of charge. We were able to raise $1,000 to support programs in Laos through LanXang Shorts. If you missed the screening, you can still view the Q and A at the link above.
From Bombs to Bracelet…The Article22 Story (June 1, 2022) (Video)
On this year’s Lao children’s day LHF welcomed ARTCLE22 founder Elizabeth Suda for a discussion of how the company got started partnering with Lao artisans to create jewelry made from Secret War shrapnel and scrap. This event is about why collaboration matters in helping us envision and take action toward a better world. For ARTICLE22, that means partnering with Lao artisan experts to create beautiful and meaningful jewelry that start conversations around peacebuilding, reconciliation, and sustainability and how each piece sold contributes to the life saving work of non-profit partners Including Legacies of War and Mines Advisory Group.
The proceeds from this event is for LHF’s Lao Art and Culture Summer Camp in Attapu, Laos in the summer of 2024.